Thursday, December 27, 2018

upgrade - Failed 12.04 Install, Cannot Boot



Was running 11.10, but decided to upgrade to 12.04. After more than 12 hours, my Dell Inspiron 15R was,just hanging. Could not do anything. So tried to reboot, all I get now is flashing screen on boot, but nothing more. Tried hitting shift before ubuntu loads & then the 1st option but all I get is a purple screen. So tried recovery & can get to a prompt, but how to I now 'recover' so that I can boot (load grub)?


I managed to get it all up & running after remounting / as rw, then setting up my network and finally running dpkg --configure -a.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...