Saturday, December 29, 2018

12.10 - Ubuntu takes complete hard disk for installation without considering pre-existing partitions

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my laptop with 320 GB HD. Then, I made a partition so now I have 2 primary and 3 logical partitions (all NTFS). I want to install Ubuntu 12.10 so I used ube and Ubuntu 12.10 live. But problem is whenever I try to install Ubuntu from pen drive, it shows that there are no partitions so it wants to partition the whole hard disk.


I searched on web but didn't find suitable a solution. My question is how can I install Ubuntu in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...