Sunday, December 16, 2018

Broadcom BCM4312 wireless card does not work in 11.04 but did (out of the box) in 10.10

Here's my card :





02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)




When I try to install the Broadcom STA wireless drivers through 'Additional Drivers', it says "installation failed" and tells me to look in /var/logs/jockey.log.



What can I do about it? Also, how can the Ubuntu devs be informed of this?



It's not like I'm running it on some obscure machine. It's an HP Pavilion laptop. Everything worked fine in Maverick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...