Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Live CD crashes when removing it after installation



I installed ubuntu just some minutes ago. It said Installation finished, you need to restart your computer. Okay when installation finished then what's there any need of a cd in the drive.



So I removed it and the screen gone blank and hanged. Mouse pointer now not moving. I put cd again and forcefully restarted the computer then it came up with installation option again. I hated this. Then again I removed the cd from drive and forcefully restarted computer and now I'm on my ubuntu desktop.



I want your comments. Is everything well? All seems to be normal now but I still want to talk with you. :/



Everything sounds normal to me. While the live Linux system is shutting down, it reads off the CD for the shutdown programs, and when that's done, it prompts you to remove the disk for restart.




Since it's a read-only system on the CD, there's no danger of shutdown while in the middle of doing something, which is probably stuff like seeing if it needs to write logfiles (it doesn't), shut down servers gracefully (who cares, they don't save their state), etc.



So, don't worry, be happy. :) Enjoy your new system.



PS. Don't be afraid of problems; consider them to be challenges. You'll learn a lot more that way, like it or not. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...