Monday, December 24, 2018

custom distributions - Live CD from Scratch - No vmlinuz* / initrd.img*

Following this guide:


https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch


When it asks:



cp chroot/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.--generic image/casper/vmlinuz


cp chroot/boot/initrd.img-2.6.--generic image/casper/initrd.lz



I don't have such files:



ls chroot/boot


grub memtest86+.bin memtest86+.elf memtest86+_multiboot.bin



Is the guide out of date or did I miss a step?


Edit:


As per my comment below I am doing:


sudo debootstrap --arch=$ARCH $RELEASE chroot


Where amd64 and trusty are the values.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...