Friday, December 28, 2018

boot - Can I install Ubuntu without losing my files when i replace windows

Currently Im dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 7 an old desktop but its taken some hits over the years and now wont boot into windows anymore. And I figure maybe its time I get rid of windows completely on this computer and run Linux entirely on its own to free up more disk space. So I was was wondering if it would be possible to reinstall Ubuntu to override windows without losing my current Ubuntu system (Ie; Pictures, files, programs. ect,) OrIf if there was any way I could expand the Ubuntu partition of my hard drive and give myself more space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...