Tuesday, December 18, 2018

64 bit - 32 bit Java on 64 bit Ubuntu



Will Sun Java 6 Update 30 (32 bit version) work on Ubuntu 10.10 (64 bit version)?



I should use Sun instead of OpenJDK because the support people for the API I am interfacing to referred me to Sun. I should use the 32 bit Java 6 because Sun/Oracle's website says that it is to be used if you are using a Web Start application. (It appears that my Java code talks to an API that is offered by a Web Start application.)




I am running 64 bit Java on a 64 bit system and the JNLP still seems to download and launch the application properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...