Saturday, December 15, 2018

live cd - Custom Ubuntu gets stuck on LightDM

I recently used Ubuntu Builder to customize the Ubuntu Mini Remix 12.10. I added Openbox, and some other stuff.




I also added a guest user so that the LiveCD wouldn't be running root. After this,, it made sense to install LightDM as well.



However, after building the LiveCD and running in VirtualBox, I chose the "Try Ubuntu without Installing" option, which gave me a LightDM screen. I tried to login in to the guest user (and entered the correct password) but it brought me back to the lightDM screen, and never on to Openbox.



How do I configure LightDM to not do this? Do I even need lightDM in the LiveCD? Help would be appreciated.



Thanks in advance.



EDIT: Never Mind. I fixed the problem by adding the line :




user-session=openbox



to the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...