Thursday, December 20, 2018

drivers - Problem with ATI graphics

I have a Radeon HD5850 graphic card and when trying to install the proprietary drivers I get Unity to start so I had to remove the fglrx driver and restore to the open driver.



I tried again today to reinstall it again using another tutorial but the problem now is worse.



When i turn on the computer, I can only get Ubuntu in text mode, so I have to log on and use the "startx" command to get to the graphic mode however without Unity.



I tried some commands but I can't fix this, I don't know if it can be the xorg.conf and i don't know how to fix as I am new to Ubuntu.



Can anyone help me to fix this please?




My version of Ubuntu is 12.10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...