Saturday, December 22, 2018

partitioning - How do I install Ubuntu 14.04 without losing data on a Windows 7 PC (physically)?

I have this windows PC, and I want to install this Ubuntu physically without VMware. Last time I installed this, I lost up-to 160GB, and it was all of my hard drive. I have 4 drives C:, D:, F: and E:. (on my new HDD with 320GB) where as I had like this on my 160GB too. But it was totally wasted because all the movies, videos, images and data was removed and the whole hard-drive was formatted and was partitioned into one drive. I want to install this Ubuntu OS by not losing any of these drives, and not losing any of the data that I have right now (NO partition, NO removal and No formatting). But I can't figure out how to. Last time I did physical install was on 160GB HDD, and I lost all my data. I don't want to lose data on this new one. The OS was 13, now it's Ubuntu 14.04.




Also, will I be able to hear sounds after installing Ubuntu physically without even installing sound card (Audio Decoder installed)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...