Monday, December 5, 2016

unity - upgrade 16.04 > 16.04.1 = unable to move windows (even though move windows is checked in ccsm) and other gui issues

Very new ubuntu user here.



I just updated ubuntu (running on virtualbox on windows) from 16.04 to 16.04.1.



When I rebooted my vm - all of the menus, panels, minimise/maximise/close elements were not visible. I have since managed to get the menus to appear as per screenshot below. I am able to right-click and open a terminal session and run programs (as per pgadmin3 running on the right-hand side of the desktop). If I right-click and open an additional terminal session, it is superimposed on the first, and I cannot alt-tab or alt-~ to any other terminal session.



enter image description here



In addition, I am unable to move windows, yet move windows is checked in ccsm.




I have tried the top-rated answers for the following questions without success:





Any help would be really appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...