Friday, December 9, 2016

How to run a shell script on Ubuntu-touch?


I want to run a shell script on my "bq Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu-Edition" phone in the Terminal App and created a shell script in /home/phablet/Documents/sync.sh


#!/bin/sh
# sync contacts and calendar with OwnCloud
syncevolution owncloud calendar-defaultcalendar
syncevolution --sync slow owncloud contacts
exit 0

The script is executable but returns:


bash: ./sync.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter : Permission denied

I'm not sure what interpreter runs on Ubuntu-touch (bash, sh, ??)
and I'm also not sure what rights the default user has.


So what's wrong or missing?



Looks like a bug in the ubuntu-terminal-app.


The bug description mentions a workaround:



It seems to work when I use bash ./testscript.



The ./ is optional


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...