Thursday, May 19, 2016

Ubiquity wants to force EN language during installation


I'm struggling with Ubiquity for a customized live-cd based on Ubuntu and Xfce. Here's the thing :
I removed all languages except FR (french) from the iso, everything works perfectly if I make an offline installation. Everything is in french, the post-install language tool only shows me the FR languages (french and canadian), without any extra packages to download.


But things are getting wierd when I install with a internet connection, Ubiquity wants to install EN packages, even if I decided to make a french installation. And of course, he wants to download ~150mo of packages.


I looked up in /usr/lib/ubiquity/localechooser/* and usr/share/ubiquity/localechooser-apply, but I can't see where does Ubiquity choose to add EN to my languages.


Does anyone have an idea to prevent Ubiquity to download and install EN languages in addition of selected language ?
I could of course let the EN packages on the iso, but in my opinion, it's a waste of space, since I don't need them.


Thank you !



I found a workaround without having to play with preseeds.


Locate on the iso squashfs: etc/lib/ubiquity/localechooser/localechooser


    # Always support English (unless preseeded otherwise), so that we
# get English language packs etc.
if [ "$english" ]; then
db_set $tpl_supportedlocales "$new"
else
db_set $tpl_supportedlocales "${new:+$new, }en_US.UTF-8"
fi
}

I changed the following lines :


    # Always support English (unless preseeded otherwise), so that we
# get English language packs etc.
if [ "$english" ]; then
db_set $tpl_supportedlocales "$new"
else
# MODIFIED, original line is commented below
# db_set $tpl_supportedlocales "${new:+$new, }en_US.UTF-8"
# Either or not the language is english, keep only the selected language.
db_set $tpl_supportedlocales "$new"
fi
}

It works great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...