Monday, May 30, 2016

Cannot find the graphviz package in apt on 18.04.1 LTS


I'm trying to install graphviz on 18.04 but when I try to install it it says it is unavailable, despite being listed as having been released for 18.04: https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/bionic/universe/base/graphviz


I ran apt-get update and it is still missing from the repos. Does anyone know where to find it, or a PPA I could add to install it from?



I found the answer myself, I didn't have the "Universe" repository enabled in Ubuntu. I just had to run the following


sudo add-apt-repository universe
sudo apt update

And then installing it worked with


sudo apt install graphviz

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...