Sunday, May 22, 2016

networking - Wifi adapter not found in Ubuntu 18.04, none of the approaches so far resolves isse

The last time I booted my computer I could no longer access the wifi adapter, after some looking around I realized that Ubuntu was not finding any Wifi adapter in the system, it was working fine until I booted my system I'm guessing it was because of one of the internal updates which I get every day. From other posts, I've seen people asking for output of




lspci -knn | grep Net -A3; rfkill list



Which is:



03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:8179] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter [10ec:8197]
Kernel modules: rtl8188ee



I have tried a lot of approaches mentioned on various platforms including the questions answered for an almost a duplicate question on askubuntu and none of the approaches solves my problem that is why I needed to ask a new question. There isn't any problem in the Wifi adapter physically because I have Ubuntu dual booted on my desktop and it works fine in Windows. Also, I have connected the computer with an ethernet cable from the wifi router and it works fine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...