Friday, May 27, 2016

13.04 - No launcher or menu




I've upgraded from 12.10 to 13.04 and now I'm missing my launcher and menu bars. I can open terminal through keyboard shortcut. Can anyone help




Install CCSM



sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager


And then run it in terminal (CTRL+ALT+T)



ccsm



Then search for "Ubuntu Unity Plugin". If it's not checked, check it.



If it is checked you may have another issue. Try restarting compiz:



kill -9 `pidof compiz`


This will kill it, it should start up again, if it doesn't, CTRL+ALT+F2 and then type:




sudo service lightdm restart


to restart the window manager. Go back to the terminal and run:



unity --reset


Which should reset unity. Note that in more current versions of unity, the reset option is now deprecated.




You could also try another desktop environment though this isn't a solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...