Wednesday, May 25, 2016

usb - Ubuntu 14 not a valid iso




I have downloaded ubuntu-14.04.3-server-amd64.iso from the Ubuntu onto a Windows 7 pc. I am using Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool to burn the it to an USB so I can boot my server from the USB and install. I get an error saying the file is not a valid ISO. What am I doing wrong (aside from using Windows)? How can I fix this? I do have Linux Mint running in VMWare. New to Linux and want to learn.



I believe the Windows 7 DVD/USB Tool only works for Windows ISOs. I recommend using Rufus to burn your server image. Rufus works with most OSes and is extremely easy to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...