Monday, May 30, 2016

grub2 - Can't load Windows 7 after choosing it in the GRUB

My laptop primarily came with Ubuntu 12.04, and I had a friend install Windows 7 ultimate for me. The grub used to work upon long pressing of the shift key when they system boots up. upon choosing the designated name for windows by enter key, Windows 7 would boot up.



This was all fine till last night. This morning, I installed all updates on Ubuntu, and then when i wanted to boot Windows, it isn't happening. No matter how many times I enter Grub and choose Windows, its only Ubuntu that's loading.



I need desperate help, please :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...