Monday, May 30, 2016

Installing MATLAB in Ubuntu 17.04

I was trying to install MATLAB in pc. I used the command,


sudo apt-get install matlab-gdf dynare-matlab libpdl-io-matlab-perl matlab-support matlab-support-dev matlab2tikz

, however I came across this error message.


E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/t/texlive-base/texlive-pictures-doc_2016.20170123-5_all.deb  Connection failed [IP: 2001:67c:1560:8001::11 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

amd then I ran the command


sudo apt-get update

, still got the message:


E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/

could some one help me out with this? if I can still install it, please tell me what should I do?


if it's not installable, please tell me how to remove it completely and thoroughly from my PC.


Thanks a million! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...