Sunday, May 29, 2016

unity - Disable new keyboard shortcut for Show Desktop

After a recent upgrade of 14.04, an icon "Show Desktop" appeared in my launcher bar.


I removed it with Unity Tweak Tool.


A new keyboard shortcut was also setup: Super+D now also shows the desktop. This is annoying, since pressing Super+Alt+D in that order is not the same as pressing Alt+Super+D in that order. The former is erroneously interpreted as Super+D on my machine.


What I would like to do in a first step is to disable Super+D, but I cannot find where I can turn this off.


Here are the things I checked:



  • nothing in Settings > Keyboard

  • there is something in CompizConfig Settings Manager > Unity > General, but it is set to d. Disabling it does not disable d.

  • I disabled the shortcut in Unity Tweak Tool > Window Manager > Keyboard shortcuts > Show desktop

  • gconf-editor -> apps/compiz-1/plugins/showdesktop, I can't find anything about keyboard shortcut there

  • dconf-editor -> org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell -> show-desktop-key is Disabled


How do I disable the new d shortcut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...