Tuesday, May 17, 2016

AMD ATi Radeon HD 6870 drivers not working

Need some help with this. I've searched for a few hours and found no answer that worked for me.




When I try to install my drivers I get




One or more tools required for installation cannot be found on the system.
Install the required tools before installing the fglrx driver. Optionally, run the installer with --force option to install without the tools. Forcing install will disable AMD hardware accelleration and may make your system unstable.
Not recommended.
See /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log for more details.




So I checked that log and it gave me





Supported adapter detected.
Check if system has the tools required for installation.
fglrx installation requires that the system have kernel headers. /lib/modules/3.8.0-6-generic/build/include/linux/version.h cannot be found on this system.
One or more tools required for installation cannot be found on the system. Install the required tools before installing the fglrx driver.
Optionally, run the installer with --force option to install without the tools.
Forcing install will disable AMD hardware acceleration and may make your system unstable. Not recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...