Saturday, May 28, 2016

Dual boot fail, Windows 7 doesnt Load

After installing Ubuntu in a dual boot with Windows 7, I could not at first boot into either Ubuntu or Windows 7.




I then ran boot-repair from a live USB and restarted. After this, I was able to boot into Ubuntu 14.04. But Windows 7 still refuses to boot.



Grub shows the entry for booting Windows, but after selecting Windows, I am presented with the Windows screen, followed by a quick flash of a blue screen, then dumped back into grub.



Some additional info:
When I ran boot-repair, it mentioned that my NTFS was now SFS, and it had an LDM blocker.



Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...