Saturday, January 5, 2019

networking - Ubuntu 12.04, sony vaio T11, no hardware wifi button, networkmanager "enable wireless" unavailable

My Sony Vaio T11 does not have a hardware button to enable/disable wifi. When I disable wifi in NetworkManager and reboot "enable wireless" is not available (grayed out) in Networkmanager.



$>rfkill list wifi
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: yes
1: sony-wifi: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: yes

Different to similar problems of this kind "rfkill unblock all" does not help.
However I can boot into windows, start the wifi there and when I reboot to linux wifi is working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...