Thursday, January 10, 2019

wireless - How to unblock something listed in rfkill?

I think I may have found the cause of my problems with connecting to wifi in Ubuntu 11.10.


I type this in Terminal:


$ rfkill list all
0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: yes
1: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: no
$ rfkill unblock all
$

If I am correct I must unblock all of those "yes", right? But nothing happens when I try to unblock. Am I typing the wrong command?




Typing sudo modprobe -r acer_wmi seem to have added another problem, now I can't even try to click on the "Enable wireless"-button as it has been grayed out and 1: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN does not show anymore in the rfkill list. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that?


EDIT: I rebooted and now it is not grayed out anymore and the rfkill list all shows as:


0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
1: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: no

The 0 is not Hard blocked anymore, but I guess 1: acer-wireless needs to be put off soft blocked somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...