Thursday, January 31, 2019

networking - No internet in WINE 1.6.2 under Ubuntu 15.10


I am trying to install Metatrader under Wine. The program setup continually requests proxy settings. My broker tells me this shouldn't happen, and is a problem on my end. Here is what I have tried to attempt to solve this error:



  • I have gone into Network settings and proxy is set to none.

  • I have looked in Wine Regedit and proxy_enable is set to 0.

  • I have checked the firewall settings on my modem.

  • I have tried reinstalling wine.

  • I have installed lib32nss-mdns

  • I can log on to my modem in iexplore using the gateway ip but thats it
    I've set my DNS to 10.0.0.138 to reflect the gateway
    I've set up a 32 bit Wine prefix


How should I proceed in solving this?



Turned out to be a real newbie problem, a little embarrassing. I hadn't added the correct repo and was installing from an old repo. (Ubuntu 12.04 I think). Added the winehq repo and reinstalled. All working fine now. Was wondering why I was only getting 1.6.2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...