Monday, January 28, 2019

How do I install kernel header files?



i want to write a device driver but not able to find the header file can someone please help me find them?Also if someone can point out some important site links that would be really appreciated



You should be able to install the kernel header files for the currently running kernel by running the following in a terminal:



sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)



In general, the kernel header packages are named linux-header-* where "*" indicates the version & variant (generic, server, etc.).


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...