Wednesday, January 23, 2019

kde - Remote desktop view (krfb / vnc) not updating on client



I am having a weird problem when running krfb (KDE remote desktop sharing). I can see the initial snapshot of the remote desktop after connecting, I can manipulate windows on the remote desktop with the mouse, but my view of the desktop does not change. It remains as the snapshot of the desktop from the moment I connected it. Basically, it seems that GUI updates are not correctly being transferred to the VNC client.




This is regardless of which VNC client software I uses (TightVNC, RealVNC, etc...) - the behavior is the same.



Any help would be immensely appreciated, because I am completely lost as to why GUI updates are not coming from the VNC server to the client.



I usually suggest an alternate VNC server, x11vncserver or FreeNX.



X11 manpage and download



OR




FreeNX from the FreeNX Team PPA.



sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team



NOTE: If you do not have add-apt-repository installed add the following



sudo apt-get install python-software-properties



Update Apt




sudo apt-get update



Install FreeNX



sudo apt-get install freenx



Ubuntu Documentation


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...