Tuesday, January 22, 2019

updates - Is having Lubuntu 12.04 a security risk?

I have a computer with Lubuntu 12.04 installed. Since unlike Ubuntu 12.04 Lubuntu is not LTS, I will not get Lubuntu updates.



However, I am still getting updates (I guess these are the general Ubuntu Updates).
Is having Lubuntu installed a security risk, or are the missing updates not security relevant?



Is it more secure to have Ubuntu installed and manually install the LXDE desktop? (The computer is a little bit to old for fluent use of the Unity desktop).



Thanks a lot!




Edit



I switched to 13.10 - still I am wondering what the answer to this question is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...