Wednesday, January 30, 2019

nvidia - Installing Ubuntu On Dell Precision 5510

Has anyone had any success installing Ubuntu 14.04, 15.10, or any variety on the new Dell Precision 5510?



I have been trying for 3 days with very little success.



Issues I'm Facing





  1. The Intel 8260 wireless network card is not recognized.




    • Fixed in by installing 14.04 and updating to kernel 4.2, which causes the thunderbolt 3 Ethernet dongle to not work.


  2. Can't hibernate or shut down.




    • Tried Many things including:



      • +acpi=off. Works for shutdown, but won't hibernate.

      • I can't remember what else I've tried, but they were numerous.



  3. When installing Ubuntu 15.10:




    • +First: get Missing Parameter in configuration file. Keyword Path

      *fixed: tab -> live.

    • I get a bunch of error messages about nouveau then the system hangs.




System Information




  • Precision 5510 with a core i5, and the touch screen 4k display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...