Wednesday, January 16, 2019

unity - Ubuntu 12.04 responsiveness very slow on Nvidia 8800?


Possible Duplicate:
Unity 3d no longer works after installing 12.04







Just installed 12.04. This is the first time I run Ubuntu with the Unity UI, not a pleasant experience. The responsiveness is extremely slow (10s after a mouseclick), the screen flickers. All right after logging in. Switching the display driver from Nvidia current to post-release doesn't help at all. What now? Can't go back, but Ubuntu is useless to me right now.



What can I do?



(The system is a Intel 4x2.4Ghz with 4Gb RAM and a Nvidia 8800.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...