Wednesday, January 30, 2019

unity - Ubuntu 16.04 Menu Bar and Application/Side Bar Missing

Here's what I've tried with no luck-



Unity --reset

The --reset option is deprecated, You should run with no options instead.
unity-panel-service stop/waiting
unity7 stop/waiting
unity-panel-service start/running, process 5248
unity7 start/running, process 5307


unity --replace
WARNING: This is for compatibility with other desktop interfaces please use unity without --replace
unity-panel-service stop/waiting

unity7 stop/waiting
unity-panel-service start/running, process 5092
unity7 start/running, process 5151

export DISPLAY=:0 sudo dconf reset -f /org/compiz/ setsid unity

unity-panel-service stop/waiting
unity7 stop/waiting
unity-panel-service start/running, process 5598
unity7 start/running, process 5709



Have done the whole ccsm, enable Ubuntu unity plugin (along with all the rest of the things that need to be enabled with it). Does not show the menu/side bars once I enable it, nor on reboot, and seems to not stay enabled after reboot.



Additionally, I've seen suggested creating a new administrator account. I've done that.. THAT account does have the menu/side bar. I don't know what that means or how that helps fix this account.



I've tried screen resolutions. No luck fixing it.



I've tried installing/reinstalling indicators. No luck fixing it.




What else could possibly be the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...