Sunday, January 27, 2019

Microsoft Office 2013 installation via PlayOnLinux crashes

I am having a problem with online installation of MS Office 2013 through Playonlinux on Ubuntu 18.04. I didn't get an ISO, but only a link to Microsoft servers. I tried to install it, but during the installation progress at 58% it suddenly crashes and doesn't progress any further.



I found out that this error, 30175, has something to do with security. On theMicrosoft website it was suggested to disable firewall and antivirus for the duration of the installation process. However, I couldn't find anything related on WineHQ, Playonlinux or Ubuntu Forums. I disabled my firewall but without any success. Probably I have to force Playonlinux to grant privileges for Microsoft to modify my computer. But this is beyond me, I am just an end-user. Could somone please help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...