Monday, January 7, 2019

10.10 - How do I enable desktop effects with hybrid Nvidia/Intel graphic card?

To turn on/off between the 2 cards, I used acpi_call and bumblebee as in this article:
https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux




It works. However, from the first time I install a fresh Ubuntu and also now, I can't enable desktop visual effects. Even if turning on Nvidia card.



My laptop is Asus K53SV, core i7 Sandy Bridge. Don't know what the problem is?



Update:
Intel integrated card info using lshw command:



*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Sandy Bridge Integrated Graphics Controller

vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 09
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:45 memory:dd400000-dd7fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:e000(size=64)

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...