Friday, July 7, 2017

system installation - nothing helps to solve login loop

I am on Ubuntu 16.04 installed alongside windows 10 using Something else in installation process. Recently I have installed Cuda 8.0.44 and cuDNN v5.1 Library for Linux to learn Tensorflow with GPU support.
I was logging in without any failure, but today it got stuck. I wanted to install Sublimetext and followed the tutorial given in Youtube. I installed synaptic package manager and reload it as shown in the tutorial. But the Reload failed. I thought rebooting might help and restarted the device, since then I cant log in to my desktop.
I tried several ways to solve the issue such as:
this from Askubuntu and

this from Youtube



In fact, there was a quick Nvidia window for, say, a millisecond when I switched it on. Now, it does not show up.



Additionally, my laptop functions strangely, it gets shut down with a strange crack noise since I dual-booted it with Ubuntu.



Question:



1.How can I log in to my Desktop again?





  1. Is it something wrong with my computer functioning in this manner?



Any help is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...