Thursday, October 13, 2016

unable to boot asus laptop from usb ubuntu

I recently bought a ASUS K501UX with Windows 10 (64 bit) pre-installed.
I want to install Ubuntu in dual boot with Windows 10.
I tried:





  • Advanced: Fast bios mode to disabled

  • Boot: Secure Boot to Disabled

  • Boot: Boot device priority -> set USB HDD at top

  • I also turned off fast boot option under control panel under Windows 10.
    After restart with my bootable USB, the computer freezes. I put here the last screenshot I took.
    Screenshot




Do you have any ideas on what I need to do to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10?
Thanks a lot.



Ciro

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...