Monday, October 3, 2016

Installing drivers from NVIDIA website for gtx 760?



I recently bought a gtx 760, but upon using the drivers from the additional drivers menu doesn't gain any fps increase over my old gt530 card.
I decided to go to the nvidia website and I downloaded the latest version of the driver: NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-331.20.run is the file i got.
But when i open the terminal and sh the file it tells me that i still have an X server running, and that I can't install the driver. Is there any way i can stop X server or load up ubuntu without X server loading too?



Thanks in advance.




Login into Virtual console ctrl+Alt+F1.And run the below command to stop the X server,



sudo service lightdm stop

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...