Sunday, October 20, 2019

xfce - How to customize Xubuntu with remastersys?

I've been trying to make my own custom xubuntu-based distro. I thought I understood how to import settings and features and repackage using remastersys, but apparently not.
One of the features involves removing the xfce4-panel and replacing it with cairo-dock(with my own theme), but with each ISO it keeps asking me to how I want to configure xfce4-panel and forgets about auto-starting cairo-dock.


Also when I do manually start cairo-dock it doesn’t have the theme i designed selected by default. I made sure I selected my user-name when configuring remastersys, as well as copying over the files/directories from my home directory to /etc/skel/. I even later moved my user-space over to /etc/skel/, but to no avail. Anybody know how what I'm doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...