Thursday, October 17, 2019

nexus 7 - Does Ubuntu Touch multitask like a desktop Ubuntu would?



I recently purchased a nexus 7 and would like to put Ubuntu on it. Regular Ubuntu is no longer supported for this device, only Ubuntu Touch. If I install Ubuntu Touch on my tablet, and plug in a mouse and keyboard, will it function more or less like a desktop version of Ubuntu? ie multiple windows can be open at once on the desktop laying over each other, rather than how Android and other mobile OSes only allow one full screen application to be "running" at once (simplification).



Switching to windowed mode is possible with Unity8 15.04 version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...