Monday, October 21, 2019

12.04 - How to install/upgrade Chromium offline?

I am running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS, in which I also use Chromium browser.
Now, I always install/upgrade files on Ubuntu in offline mode. Though, I never had any problem with any application ever, I never could do so with Chromium.



Every time, I try to do, it says that installation will break. I have all dependencies downloaded and none of them are being installed. I have even uninstalled previous version of Chromium, but no use. The result stays same. But, if I'll try to do so online, then Ubuntu downloads same files and then install/upgrade Chromium.



Can't one do so in offline mode?



UPDATE [14.02.2014]: Ok,I think there is some problem with updating browsers offline. I was not able to do so with Firefox 27.0 release, with similar errors, though, all other updates are running perfectly, even update from 12.04. to 12.04.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...