Wednesday, October 16, 2019

14.04: No Auto login at User Account settings - I am administrator

This is what my picture would look like if I was allowed to post pictures...



Account Type Administrator



Language English (New Zealand)



Login Options [blank]



Password ****




Last Login Logged in



My Account is the only account - the administrator account - and the blank space is there whether the dialog box is locked or unlocked, as is the complete absence of the Auto Login option at the bottom.



I have 14.04 installed. I have 3 drives, so researching through the other login questions suggests that my drive might be encrypted. If it is, I need simple to follow steps to fix this so Ubuntu will auto login.



All I want is for Ubuntu to auto login on startup. None of the other questions in the forums has been helpful.



This question seems to ask the same question as this: Ubuntu 14.10 Auto Login

I'm wondering now if this is a serious flaw in 14 that can't be fixed, or changed.
This seems to provide the answer for 12.04 - would it likely be the same for 14?
How can I enable autologin for my user account when the option is not there?



Output for:



$ sudo lsblk -o NAME,TYPE,UUID,MOUNTPOINT:

NAME TYPE UUID MOUNTPOINT
sda disk

└─sda1 part E8325C83325C58A0
sdb disk
├─sdb1 part 7e9949df-0e95-45f1-919d-23b449f415fd /
├─sdb2 part
├─sdb3 part CA66EB5F66EB4AB1 /mnt/CA66EB5F66EB4AB1
├─sdb4 part
└─sdb5 part 4868A0F868A0E5C2


$ cat /home/.ecryptfs/$USER/.ecryptfs/Private.mnt

/home/warwick

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...