Monday, October 14, 2019

Unable to update ubuntu 19.04

Despite looking for and trying solutions found elsewhere, I simply cannot get my new installation of Ubuntu 19.04 to download its updates. I keep getting the two errors of a lock-frontend in var/lib/dpkg.


I ran the kill command on two processes that I thought were the issue and deleted the lock file as described, but the two error messages just keep coming up.


Also, no matter what I try, I have ghosting and funny graphics when using a second monitor on my laptop. As soon as I unplug the monitor, all graphics are fine.


Please can anyone assist with these two issues, as I really want to use Ubuntu, but I simply can't at the moment? Most frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...