Friday, October 25, 2019

apt - WINE not properly uninstalling

So I recently updated to WINE version 1.9.6 from version 1.6.2 (from software manager). The new version was not working, so I decided to uninstall it, and reinstall the old version, but the new version 1.9.6 seems to not be uninstalling. I've tried



sudo wine uninstall wine



sudo apt-get purge wine




sudo apt-get remove --purge wine



and all of these options with wine*, wine-1.9, and wine-1.9.6 as opposed to simply wine. Nevertheless, when I check the version of wine, it shows up as 1.9.6.



Reinstalling the old version from the software manager doesn't seem to help either. What else can I do to get rid of this version?



edit:
which wine shows /usr/local/bin/wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...