Tuesday, October 15, 2019

12.04 LTS wireless not working in Dell Insprion E1405


Possible Duplicate:
How can I get Broadcom BCM4311 Wireless working?






I have the windows XP media edition running on my Dell Inspiron E1405 with all the hardware working properly. Recently i wipe out the windows and installed the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS using the CD and the installation process completed successfully but my wireless stopped working after.



Computer wireless indicator turned off and I can't even do the wired connection as well. It is Broadcom BCM4311 adapter. I tried to download the driver from the dell website but they don't have the Linux version of the driver if its that causing the problem. I appreciate your help that can solve my issue. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...