Wednesday, October 11, 2017

server - How to reboot automatically and run terminal command(s) on startup?

So I run a Minecraft server on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04. It runs very well except every so often the computer does need a reboot, as it should considering it runs 24/7.


I'm relatively new to Ubuntu still so obviously I don't know how to do all the fancy (or even simple) things possible with Ubuntu.



  • How would I set the computer to automatically reboot itself every so often, like once every two days or so?

  • And then of course I would have to start the Minecraft server again so how would I run commands as well?

  • Can I set it to run a .sh on startup?

  • Oh, and if there's any way to run a terminal command before shutting down and restarting (like /stop for the server) how would I do so if this is possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...