Saturday, October 21, 2017

boot - Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode, mouse and keyboard do not work


Possible Duplicate:
How to fix “The system is running in low-graphics mode” error?



When I start Ubuntu, I get a window with a message:



Ubuntu is running in low graphics mode your screen, graphics hardware and input device settings could not be detected correctly.



Also the mouse and keyboard do not seem to work so I cannot progress anywhere.


If I try to start in recovery mode, the system gets stuck after showing:


usb 6-2:new full speed usb devise using uhci_hcd and address 2

and after this line it seems to be totally stuck.


This happened yesterday after I did an update of the entire operating system (it is running alongside Windows 7). After a long time during which I did not use it, when I logged in my computer my screen resolution was not recognized and the display seemed to be wrong. It took the update a few hours but then it got stuck for 3 hours on some item, and when I figured out it was not going to continue I rebooted the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...