Friday, October 13, 2017

12.04 - How to create partitions in Ubuntu while installing?

I had Windows 7 crashed. So I wanted to install 12.04. While installing, I am not able to create a new partition after deleting all earlier partitions. I mean I am able to create but not able to understand the technical jargons as I am new to any version of Linux.




Please help me with the steps for creating to create three partition of 50GB, 50GB and 150GB. I want my Ubuntu files to be in one of the 50GB partition or suggest any better way to partition. (I have only 1 hard disk of 250GB in my laptop).



If possible please explain to what the technical terms mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...