Saturday, October 21, 2017

boot - I installed xen-hypervisor and it breaks bootup

I ran some aptitude install commands for xen and xen tools and its broken grub, it hangs indefinitely when I boot.



This unanswered question happens.



booting xen hypervisor on ubuntu14.04 stuck at loading initial ramdisk



Took me a while to discover that typing ESC once at exactly the rigth moment gets me a boot menu that lets me choose a kernel that works.




This is kinda not cool :)



Is there anyway you can undo what XEN does to grub.



The contents of /etc/default/grub don't include the list of borked options.



/boot/grub/grub.cfg is over 1000 lines ling these days and looks to be very much not user editable and claims not to be.



The files in /etc/grub.d look pretty much non-user editable shell code too.




Can I delete 20_linux_xen for example?



The contents of /boot/grub are no longer self-explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...