Thursday, October 26, 2017

11.04 - Unity crashed, how can I report that to developers?

im on ubuntu natty and experiencing some weird random restarts of unity. This started happening after i installed conky and set compiz to remove its shadow. The restarting could possibly be attributed to that.




I did on the otherhand remove ubuntuone and evolution from the default installation too.. but since this didnt start happening before the conky installation, i highly doubt that this is the cause.



So here is the terminal output right before it dies.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/590448/



I need to figure out what could be causing this crash, and the log seems to me like ancient greek... So far, it seems to restart when i click on some unity-aspect of the desktop, like the titlebar, the message-indicator, the lens, or even switching to desktop.



And so, i open the stage up for you guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...