Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Can't login to Ubuntu 14.04

I installed Ubuntu 14.04 (dual boot with Win 7) and it was working fine. But suddenly one fine day I can't login to my user account, when I log it just flashes and then it goes back to the login screen. But the odd thing is that I can log with the guest account.


I have 2 accounts one owner account/user account and another one created for the installation of Oracle. Only the guest account can login.


From the login screen, I have pressed Ctrl+Alt+F1 to get to a prompt, and login but the same thing happened there too, I entered the correct username and credentials but it flashed and goes back to the login screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...