Friday, October 20, 2017

networking - my wireless card does not work


Everything was working just fine until I followed the instructions here .Now the driver seems to be there but for some unknown reason the wireless card cannot connect to any network.



lspci | grep Network


Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8723AE PCIe
Wireless Network Adapter



here is the results of running iwconfig



iwconfig


wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"SSID-E5172-DC7B"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr=2347 B Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:off
Power Management:off



I was thinking ,when I first installed ubuntu 13.04 , ubuntu automatically installed the right network drivers.So,can I make it do that without having to reinstall it again??



i have had the same problem and you can use the terminal and type:


   rfkill list
lspci
lsmod wlan0
nmap -v -iR 10000 -pN www.google.com

it sould work fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

11.10 - Can't boot from USB after installing Ubuntu

I bought a Samsung series 5 notebook and a very strange thing happened: I installed Ubuntu 11.10 from a usb pen drive but when I restarted (...